LEAVING CERT WORKSHOPS 2019-2020

As you may know, our Leaving Cert students in Cork have obtained the highest grades in the country in French for the past 16 years.   Last year was no different –  while 5.7% of students obtained a H1 nationally, over 33% of our students obtained this grade.  This is due to the smart no-nonsense approach we take in preparing our students for the exam as well as the fantastic learning methods we have developed over the past 23 years in the grinds industry. Due to the huge demand around the country from our followers on Instagram and Snapchat we are THRILLED to announce that we will be continuing our Dublin Workshop series during the 2019-2020 academic year.

This programme is a complete support system where students receive 3 workshops along with a series of 20 exclusive Facebook live streaming lessons as well as Facebook messenger facility. The three part series will be complemented with exclusive Facebook Streaming Videos to ensure students have regular contact with the programme director, Natasha Lynch. The programme also will include access to our Quizlet App – where much of the content has been uploaded so that students can revise and practise the course content on the go using their phones.

The programme includes online support from October 2019 right through to the LC exams and online Facebook live streamings to practise what has been covered in each workshop.

Topics to include :

How to complete a perfect Reading Comp (30% of the LC exam) including grammar terminology for the grammar questions;

How to studying for the Listening Exam effectively (20% of the LC exam)

Oral (25% of the LC exam) : We will provide exclusive content that is guaranteed to impress the examiner. We will also share exclusive tips and tricks – how to WOW the examiner in the oral exam  – how to lead the conversation – all guaranteed to achieve maximum marks.  We will not be in a position to prepare the document for each students – but we are there if any of our students have questions or need advice on the document they have chosen.

Written (25% of the LC exam): Diary and Opinion Pieces (Qu’en pensez-vous style questions) will be tackled during the programme. Exclusive content will be shared at the workshops and then practised during the Facebook live streamings to ensure that students have grasped everything. We will NOT include letter-writing or emails as these questions are marked harder following the Chief Examiner Reports from the Department of Education.

All students will receive workshop handouts and packs with all content included – exclusive oral and written material; worksheets to be completed on the day and at home to perfect the structures taught; exclusive tips including how to cut down learning quickly, how to maximise points in the Language and Communication part of the written paper, and how to study effectively to ensure students reach their potential for June 2020. We will show students how our material can complement what is being taught in school to ensure that time is wisely spent learning school material.  We will equip each student with skills in knowing how best to manipulate the material they have already learned to get most marks. This is the smartest approach to the paper.

All those participating will be invited to join an exclusive Essential French Facebook Group. In this group we will hold a series of 20 Facebook live streaming videos to further enhance the programme and material taught. In keeping with the learning community we have fostered in Cork, students are encouraged to share and swap study tips in different subjects.  Furthermore, due to the fantastic feedback from our students, we have decided to continue to offer an additional Study Facility at no extra cost.  Sean Smyth, Study Guru, former EF student who sat his Leaving Cert June 2017 and obtained 625 points (including a H1 in French) will continue to give a STUDY SKILLS presentation at each workshop.  He will also upload Facebook Livestreamings on different aspects of the LC exam, throughout the year, sharing his tips and tricks on how to maximise points for the LC in all subjects.

The workshops and Facebook live streamings will be presented by Natasha Lynch, BCL, MBS, Director and Founder of Essential French.

Dates of Seminars  : 1.  End of Oct Midterm (Sun 3rd Nov ); 2. Feb Midterm (Sat or Sun – to be confirmed) 3. Easter Holidays (Sat or Sun – to be confirmed)

Venue : Gibson Hotel (on Luas line for those travelling from Heuston Station) We specifically chose this hotel to make travel as easy as possible – our students this year travelled from 15 counties all over Ireland!)

Time : 1pm-5pm (break of 20 mins during this session)

Cost : Early Bird Offer €305 closing on 2nd June 2019.  After that full fee applies €355

STUDENTS MUST ATTEND ALL 3 WORKSHOPS.

Fee includes : attendance to 3 Workshops (12 hours face-to-face tuition). a minimum of 20 Facebook Live Streaming sessions, all programme material, online support on Messager in between workshops via our private Facebook Group; also exclusive access to the programme content via our Quizlet App.

This programme is open only to students studying for the Leaving Cert French exam. Teachers, parents etc will not be permitted to attend.  Content is Exclusive to Workshop students and Intellectual Property rights apply. T&C apply.

Before you make your mind up – why not read the reviews from this year’s students?  Some travelled across the country to attend the workshops, some were 5th year students looking to get ahead for the LC year. If you are interested – contact Louisa  info@essentialfrench.ie

7 Responses to LEAVING CERT WORKSHOPS 2019-2020

1. Aoibhe Murphy May 18, 2019 at 2:03 pm #

Could not recommend the Dublin workshops more! Very focused, with precise, concise yet brilliant quality notes. Highly recommend doing the workshop in 5th year if possible in order to be able to use the notes for all of 6th year so that by the time the actual exam comes around you’d know the method extremely well. Glad I chose Essential French!

2. Emaan Khan May 11, 2019 at 10:44 am #

I heard about Essential French through a friend and started following Natasha on Snapchat. I am glad I did because I started using her nuggets of wisdom in my French work and started seeing an improvement. I then decided to join the Dublin workshops and I kid you not, my French went up by two grades. This is because Natasha’s lessons are very exam-focused and she gives techniques that are aimed at maximising marks and impressing the examiner. Natasha and the team were always so supporting and if I had any questions, Natasha would reply as soon as she possibly could.
    I would really recommend EF Dublin workshops to anyone who is aiming for a high grade in French.
    Emaan Khan, Co. Wexford

3. Eva Corcoran May 7, 2019 at 3:28 pm #

I cannot recommend the Dublin Workshops enough! I had always struggled with French and was on the verge of giving up on the subject altogether but after signing up to the EF workshops, it gave me the boost I needed!
    Natasha is the most enthusiastic, hardworking and kindest person you could meet and her nuggets of wisdom shared in these workshops are what made me jump a few grades within just a year!
    The workshops focus on every aspect of the exam and shares exclusive info that will allow you to get your best potential grade possible in the LC!
    The livestreams and constant support online are an added bonus and are extremely helpful throughout the year!
    I have learned so much, made friends from all over the country and enjoyed every minute of travelling up and down to Dublin this year!
    Merci Beaucoup Natasha for this amazing experience and any student studying French would be crazy not to consider doing these Dublin Workshops!

Eva, 6th Year Student, Waterford.

4. Prathamesh Sai May 7, 2019 at 5:40 am #

Prathamesh Sai, Co.Donegal

I thoroughly enjoyed Natasha’s Dublin workshop, It gave me the boost I really needed in French. It was 4 hours of travelling to Dublin and 4 hours back home from where I live, so 8 hours travelling in total! However I can conclusively say that it was totally worth it. Natasha always wants the best for her students and I really felt that her combined effort with the staff at Essential French dramatically improved my French grade. I would recommend it to any 5th year/6th year!

5. Sadhbh Morrissey May 6, 2019 at 9:48 pm #

Can’t speak highly enough about Essential French. Whether you’re trying to get a H1 or just hoping to pass the paper Natasha and team provide every possible resource you might need. Her notes, her knowledge and her kindness are just above all expectations. I loved every minute of the experience and it was well worth the 2 hour train journey. Only wish I could do it all again !!!

6th year from Tipperary

6. Ciara, Dublin May 6, 2019 at 9:32 pm #

These workshops were such a good investment of my time and money! Natasha cuts out the unnecessary jargon and gives you all the right learning material and tips to bring up your grade. I’ve improved the most over the last year in my French than I ever have. Plus Natasha makes the workshops interesting, the 4 hours always flew by 🙂

7. Eoin Murphy May 6, 2019 at 9:23 pm #

6th Year student, Wicklow

I originally heard of Essential French from my brother and from the offset, I thoroughly enjoyed Natasha’s fun approach to learning French. It was only until summer of last year that I was thinking of joining the Dublin Workshop, was very intrigued with how much she gave already, what else would there be for paid students. All I can say is wow, on all aspects; the workshops themselves, the live streaming, Quizlet app and the support. I could go on for ages about the information and ‘nuggets of wisdom’ that she gives, you can imagine how good it is, a precise, to the point way of learning but with material that wows the examiner. More importantly though, I can’t praise Natasha enough for the support she gives, not just to me but to all her students. For example, she would reply to a message late at night- you would not get that in any grinds school! She was so supportive with my orals and gave such great advice.
    But anyway I’ll finish it off by saying I would highly, highly recommend the Dublin Workshops as it helps on all aspects, and I’m very glad I chose Essential French.