2nd Year French Programme
Due to the fact that the 2020 Junior Cert exams were cancelled, students and teachers have not had the opportunity to see the new Junior Cycle French exam. Our teaching team have worked diligently to ensure that our 2nd year programme incorporates all of the new elements of the Junior Cycle French exam. In our 2nd year programme our teachers focus on the easier elements of the Junior Cycle to build a strong foundation ahead of the Junior Cert year.
We support all of our students with their 2nd year CBAs and give advice to ensure that their work will WOW in class. We encourage our 2nd year students to participate orally in class to make them comfortable with their CBAs during the year.
We are so proud of the fact that our students obtain top grades in their Junior Cert French exam every year. Furthermore, we limit the number of students who we enrol in our 2nd year programme every year to guarantee that our material remains EXCLUSIVE to those attending EF. No other student in the country will have access to this material which has been proved to WOW the examiners every year.
What makes each of our students exceed their expectations in French is a combination of the features and facilities below, all included in the programme fee :
- 25 week programme starting Nov 2020 and finishing end May 2021, taking the students right up until their 2nd year school summer exams start
- All tutors are native French speakers to ensure authenticity in accent and pronunciation, vital for Junior Cert CBAs
- All classes are streamed so students are challenged at a level they are comfortable with
- Small class sizes to guarantee individual attention and increase confidence in each student
- Homework is given and corrected weekly
- Assessments given every 3 weeks
- Individual support and advice on school CBAs to ensure that each student is 100% comfortable with his/her class presentation or project.
Additional Facilities throughout the year :
- Access to our exclusive Quizlet App with our 2nd year content uploaded
- Extra worksheets on our Online Kit for completion at home and returned to us for correction
- Online support 24 hours a day via our Private Facebook group
- A Progress Report is sent to parents in Term 2 with our teachers’ advice and feedback
- Regular emails sent to parents to keep them updated on everything happening in EF
If you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact us for more information – fill in our inquiry form HERE
Essential French Language College provides 2nd Year French Grinds in Cork that will help students enhance their french language skills and prepare them for Junior Cert French. We at Essential French Language College promise to maximise your potential regardless of your level.