2nd Year French Programme
This programme gives students a valuable head start on the Junior Cert course as well as giving individual support and guidance with the CBAs. Students attend one weekly class (1.5 hours). The easier elements of the JC programme are covered with a huge emphasis on the aural part of the exam which is 35% of the Junior Cert grade. We also encourage our younger students to participate orally to make them more comfortable with their CBAs. This further enhances their listening skills too.
There is a mix of oral, listening, grammar and reading comprehensions in every class, to keep our students on their toes. We introduce the easier themes and vocab, all available in our 2nd Year packs and include games and activities to ensure students remember the material in a fun way. Due to the small numbers in each class, our teachers can adapt the lessons to suit each student’s needs.
What makes each of our students exceed their expectations in French is a combination of the features and facilities below, all included in the programme fee :
- 23 week programme: 1.5 hours class per week.
- All tutors are native French speakers to ensure authenticity in accent and pronunciation.
- All classes are streamed so students are challenged at a level they are comfortable with.
- Max 6 students per class to guarantee individual attention and increase confidence in each student.
- Homework is given and corrected weekly.
- Assessments given every 3 weeks.
- Individual support and advice on school CBAs to ensure that each student is 100% comfortable with his/her class presentation or project.
Additional Facilities throughout the year :
- Free access to our exclusive Quizlet App with our 2nd year content uploaded.
- Online support 24 hours a day via Facebook.
- Additional worksheets on our Online Kit for completion at home, corrected and returned with our feedback.
- Regular emails sent to parents to keep them updated on everything happening in EF.
- A Progress Report is sent to parents on completion of the programme with our teachers’ advice and feedback.
If you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact us for more information – fill in our inquiry form HERE.
Essential French Language College provides 2nd Year French Grinds in Cork that will help students enhance their French language skills and prepare them for Junior Cert French. We at Essential French Language College promise to maximise your potential regardless of your level.