5th Year French Programme
This programme is aimed at students who wish to get ahead for the Leaving Cert year. Many students choose the 5th year course to help identify and resolve problems they are having with the language. Others start the programme to stay ahead and maintain their high grades easily and effortlessly. This easy step by step programme guides the 5th year students through all areas of the course at a comfortable yet challenging pace. With a max of 4 students in our oral based classes, attention to oral practice is second to none.
We are so proud of the fact that our students have obtained the highest grades nationally in Leaving Cert French for the past 18 years. In previous years, just under 6% of Leaving Cert students obtained a H1 in Higher Level French. In EF over 33% of our students received a H1 in the exam. These results are proof that Essential French remains the leader in French Tuition on a national scale. Furthermore, we limit the number of students who we enrol in our 5th year and Leaving Cert programmes every year to guarantee that our material remains EXCLUSIVE to those attending EF. No other student in the country will have access to this material which has been proved to WOW the examiners every year.
What makes each of our students exceed their expectations in French is a combination of the features and facilities below, all included in the programme fee :
Weekly Classes: Face2Face and Online
- 30 week programme: 2.5 hours per week (1 Face2Face Class and 1 Online Class).
- All tutors are native French speakers to ensure authenticity in accent and pronunciation.
- All Face2Face classes are streamed.
- Class sizes are halved: max 4 students in classes where oral work is being covered and max 12 students in classes where grammar is being covered.
- Homework is given and corrected weekly.
- Exclusive access to our team, where we are available daily to answer questions from any EF class, via Facebook- guiding and supporting each student throughout the year.
Some of our additional facilities throughout the year :
- Free access to our exclusive Quizlet App with our 5th year content uploaded.
- Online support 24 hours a day via Facebook.
- Additional worksheets, exercises and Reading Comprehensions on our Online Kit for completion at home, corrected and returned with our feedback.
- Christmas and Summer exams- corrected by us and returned with feedback via Facebook.
- A Progress Report is sent to parents on completion of the programme with our teachers’ advice and feedback.
- Optional 1-2-1 oral practice exam in Term 2 in preparation for school oral exam.
If you are interested in finding out more, why not scroll down to read feedback from our past 5th year students? If you wish to speak to one of our team, please fill in our inquiry form here
No French in School
At Essential French we offer a special programme designed for students who choose to study French exclusively with us as an extra subject outside of school. We offer this programme only to diligent students who are 100% committed to the course and prepared to work closely with us throughout the year. There is an additional fee for this option.
The programme includes:
- All classes and facilities offered as part of the 5th year programme.
- Extra worksheets from our Online Kit to be completed by the student on a weekly basis that are corrected by us and returned to the student with our feedback.
- One individual oral session (20 mins).
- One individual grammar session (½ hour).
- All aspects of the students progress are closely monitored throughout the year.
- Parents are updated frequently regarding the student’s progress.
Essential French Language College is a provider of 5th Year French Grinds in Cork. We at Essential French Language College promise to maximise your potential regardless of your level.