5th Year French Programme
This programme is aimed at students who wish to get ahead for the Leaving Cert year. Many students choose the 5th year course to help identify and resolve problems they are having with the language. Others start the programme to stay ahead and maintain their high grades easily and effortlessly. This easy step by step programme guides the 5th year students through all areas of the course at a comfortable yet challenging pace.
We are so proud of the fact that our students have obtained the highest grades nationally in Leaving Cert French for the past 17 years. Last year, in 2019, just under 6% of Leaving Cert students obtained a H1 in Higher Level French. In EF over 33% of our students received a H1 in the exam. These results are proof that Essential French remains the leader in French Tuition on a national scale. Furthermore, we limit the number of students who we enrol in our 5th year and Leaving Cert programmes every year to guarantee that our material remains EXCLUSIVE to those attending EF. No other student in the country will have access to this material which has been proved to WOW the examiners every year.
What makes each of our students exceed their expectations in French is a combination of the features and facilities below, all included in the programme fee :
- 30 week programme starting in Sept and finishing on the run up to school summer exams
- All tutors are native French speakers to ensure authenticity in accent and pronunciation
- All classes are streamed so students are challenged at a level they are comfortable with
- Small class sizes to guarantee individual attention and increase confidence in each student
- Homework is given and corrected weekly
- Assessments given every 2-3 weeks
Additional Facilities throughout the year :
- Optional Listening / Reading Comprehension / Oral classes for those struggling with these parts of the programme
- Access to our exclusive Quizlet App with our 5th year content uploaded
- Extra worksheets on our Online Kit for completion at home and returned to us for correction
- Optional Christmas and Summer exams that students can sit with us or complete at home, corrected and returned with our detailed feedback
- Online support 24 hours a day via our Private Facebook group
- A Progress Report is sent to parents on completion of the programme with our teachers’ advice and feedback
- Regular emails sent to parents to keep them updated on everything happening in EF
- Workshops throughout the year where we share exclusive tips, tricks, advice and techniques to ensure all students know how to WOW in their French oral and written exams.
If you are interested in finding out more, why not scroll down to read feedback from our past 5th year students? If you wish to speak to one of our team, please fill in our inquiry form here
No French in School
At Essential French we offer a special programme designed for students who choose to study French exclusively with us as an extra subject outside of school. We offer this programme only to diligent students who are 100% committed to the course and prepared to work closely with us throughout the year. Additional fee for this option.
The programme includes:
- All classes and facilities offered as part of the 5th year programme.
- Extra worksheets from our Online Kit to be completed by the student on a weekly basis that are corrected by us and returned to the student with our feedback.
- One individual oral session (20 mins each)
- One individual grammar session (½ hour each)
- All aspects of the students progress are closely monitored throughout the year
- Parents are updated frequently regarding the student’s progress
Essential French Language College is a provider of Leaving Cert 5th Year French Grinds in Cork. We at Essential French Language College promise to maximise your potential regardless of your level.