5th Year French

Are you looking for 5th year French Grinds in Cork.

Essential French Language College is a provider of Leaving Cert 5th Year French Grinds in Cork. We at Essential French Language College promise to maximise your potential regardless of your level.

This programme is aimed at students who wish to get ahead for the Leaving Cert year. Many students choose the 5th year course to help identify and resolve problems they are having with the language. Others start the programme to stay ahead and maintain their high grades easily and effortlessly. This easy step by step programme guides the 5th year students through all areas of the course at a comfortable yet challenging pace.

• 30 week programme : 2 ½ hours per week (the weekly class and the grammar class)
  • All tutors are native French speakers to ensure authenticity in accent and pronunciation
  • Weekly Class : 1 ½ hours per week
  •           – All classes are streamed
  •           – Max 7 students per weekly class
  •           – Homework is given weekly and corrected the following week
  •           – Assessments given every 2-3 weeks
  •           – All areas of the course covered: reading comprehension, listening, oral, written.
  • Compulsory Grammar Class : 1 hour per week
  •           – Held on different days to suit students’ busy schedules
  •           – Booked online via our Mindbody Booking Site
  •           – Specifically tailored to facilitate study and revision
  • Additional Facilities throughout the year
  •           – Oral/Listening/Reading Comprehension Classes throughout the year
  •           – Free access to our exclusive Quizlet App with our 5Y content uploaded
  •           – Free access to our Essential French App (available on App Store/Google Play)
  •           – Extra worksheets and material on our Online Kit for completion at home and returned to us for correction
  •           – Christmas and Summer Exams – corrected by us and returned with our detailed feedback
  •           – Seminars in other Leaving Cert subjects
  •           – Online support 24 hours a day via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram) or email.
  •           – Progress Reports are sent to parents at the end of each term
  •           – Parents are notified if students do not complete their homework or are not performing to the best of their ability

AREAS COVERED

Oral: Due to our streamed classes, all areas of the oral are covered at a level that each pupil is comfortable with.  Our oral teachers are French nationals so that accent and pronunciation is perfected.  With our very small class sizes, the programme is individual to each pupil and the attention to detail is excellent.

Listening : Students will start with easier listening material and progress to Leaving Cert. past papers.  All pupils are given the work on CD to practice at home, along with study guides and tips on how to approach this tricky part of the course.

Comprehensions:  We use a variety of texts to challenge students, while also looking at past LC pass level comprehensions to build up vocab and confidence before attempting the honours comps.

Written: We drill the 3 main tenses into our pupils in 5th year to ensure that these are perfect before heading into the LC year.  We also focus on opinion pieces, messages and diary entries.  All of our written material is unique to Essential French students, so that each student will clearly impress the examiner with the style of writing that is mastered with us.

On completion of the course, at the end of April, we offer extra classes free of charge right up to the Summer exams. We tailormake these classes to suit different schools and what is coming up in each school’s summer exam.  Students are encouraged to let us know what themes they want covered. Students are also offered a free oral practice session in preparation for the oral, in school summer exam.

No French in School

At Essential French we offer a special programme designed for students who choose to study French exclusively with us as an extra subject outside of school. We offer this programme only to diligent students who are 100% committed to the course and prepared to work closely with us throughout the year.

The programme includes:

• All classes and facilities offered as part of the 5th year programme.
  • Extra worksheets from our Online Kit to be completed by the student on a weekly basis that are corrected by us and returned to the student with our feedback.
  • One individual oral session (20 mins each)
  • One individual grammar session (½ hour each)
  • All aspects of the students progress are closely monitored throughout the year
  • Parents are updated frequently regarding the student’s progress

Essential French Language College, is a leading provider of Leaving Cert 5th Year French Grinds in Cork.

52 Responses to 5th Year French

1. Megan Mccarthy May 11, 2016 at 6:28 pm #

Essential French has helped me not only to further understand the language, but to enjoy learning it! French used to be my worst subject and I used to dread going to the classes and getting the results of what I thought were impossible tests! The extra 2 1/2 hours a week are well worth it and they have so much to offer alto students! The teachers genuinely care about how you understand the language, not just to learn off chunks of information! The progress reports and constant contact between parents and management of essential French is a huge incentive to work to the best of ones ability! I would recommend to all friends who are struggling in French! I’ll definitely be signing up for next year!!

2. Aoibhinn Martin May 10, 2016 at 5:08 pm #

French was my least favourite subject all the way up through school until this year and I can honestly say it’s because of Essential French! The teachers are superb, they’re enthusiastic and it’s so clear they want you to do well. French is now one of my favourite and strongest subjects and my confidence has increased so much! I’d recommend EF to everyone. The work you and they teachers put in during the year really pays off! So glad I was a part of EF this year!

3. Kate Dunlea May 10, 2016 at 4:31 pm #

Essential French had helped me so much throughout my year of 5th yeah. It has not only been a great experience but an amazing help with my oral work, grammar and basics! I’m very grateful for the time these teachers have put into us to help us and they have been very kind and caring along the way. I have greatly improved on my French skills this year more than any other year that I have been studying it. I have made great friends and enjoyed each moment. The essential French apps have also been a great help also and can be a fun/different way of learning. My experience of EF has been a very positive one and made a great choice coming here to improve on my French! 🙂

4. Bindu O Mahony May 10, 2016 at 11:12 am #

Hi there to whoever decides to read this I would highly recommend doing essential French. Halfway through fifth year I was really struggling in the subject now I find that it is my favourite subject in school and has become enjoyable ! My grades have improved so much and I’m confident walking into my summer exams ! The staff are so lovely and it really helps that Natasha is on standby on Facebook messanger for guidance ! Essential French have so many resources on social media and provide any help possible ! It has really changed my attitude not towards French but towards education aswell it motivates you and spurrs you on to achieving well in all subjects I think its because there is so much positivity in the building ! Anyway I really hope ye choose Essential French and reap the rewards like I did 🙂

5. Sinead Buckley May 7, 2016 at 6:40 pm #

Essential french is amazing!! Going to EF has not only greatly improved my written work, but my oral and listening also!!! My confidence in french has grown hugely throughout the past year thanks to these amazing classes!! The teachers here are really encouraging and motivational, and the standard of material provided is exceptional and unrivaled!! I definitely don’t see EF as “grinds” but more of an enjoyable hobby!! I would fully recommend EF to anyone who is willing to work and have a little fun along the way!! 🙂 I’m so happy I decided to join last September!! merci beaucoup EF!!!!

6. Olivia May 4, 2016 at 8:55 pm #

Having skipped TY and gone straight into 5th year, I thought I would be forever behind the standard of French my new classmates had obtained. I am delighted with my decision to do EF at the begining of this year as it has helped me hugely to not only learn but to understand each tense as well as expanding my vocabulary. It makes the leaving cert course much more manageable and less daunting now.

7. Christina May 3, 2016 at 4:23 pm #

Choosing to do EF was undoubtedly one of the best decisions I could have ever made regarding my leaving cert. I have a new found love and understanding for a subject that I until this September had dismissed completely not to mention a whole rake of new friends. Amidst all the stress of 5th year this has given me confidence and put me at ease all the while expanding my vocabulary and knowledge of the (many) different tenses. All in all I could not be more thankful for EF 🙂

8. Clodagh May 2, 2016 at 10:43 pm #

Essential french has helped me so much with all areas of french, and particularly for the grammar that i really struggled with. I find it so much easier now thanks to the brilliant notes that i use all the time in school to study for tests! The notes are so condensed with all relevant vocab you need which makes it alot easier to learn in smaller amounts, i would definietly recommend!

9. Julie April 28, 2016 at 10:01 pm #

Making the decision to come to essential French for the 5th year programme tbis year was one of my
    Best! It has improved my French by a enormous amount and I couldn’t say enough about them! They have been so helpful and always encouraging pupils to keep working hard! They give superb notes and tips and I wouldn’t have my French today with out all their excellent help! I would highly recommended everyone who is looking to do well in their French leaving cert exam to come to Essential French! They are constantly encouraging all their pupils to do well and have full confidence in all! The staff are all so kind and welcoming! Love it!!!

10. Emily Kennefick April 2, 2016 at 12:34 am #

Essential French really helped me this year , I feel that my standard of French has greatly improved and now I feel more confident in speaking and writing in French. I also love how the work and notes we are given are so clear and relevant to our main goal of the Leaving Cert exam.The teachers and students are also very friendly and supportive.I feel that this course has without a doubt improved my level of French as I can now achieve higher grades in French.I feel the hard work is definitely paying off and the course is really worth attending provided that you are willing to put in the effort too!

11. Jane March 25, 2016 at 4:13 pm #

Going back for the 5th year programme this year was one of my best decisions yet! EF really condenses the stuff down to what you need to do well in LC making the learning a whole lot easier. I also love the dedication of the staff as they are there 24/7 and hopefully I’ll be returning next year. Thank you to Natasha and the rest of the EF team.

12. Ali Beamish March 25, 2016 at 3:34 pm #

The Essential French course helped so much in school, I didn’t feel like I was struggling because we had covered lots of the class material in the course! We learned so much vocab in the course too that for once I could actually understand comprehensions and other reading pieces. My French results have definitely improved too from mainly C’s to A’s and B’s! It’s definitely a commitment to spend so much extra time on one subject per week but it’s definitely worth it. I went from hating French to actually enjoying it and improving greatly with the help of EF! Would definitely recommend to anyone willing to put the work in

13. Robert Hyde May 24, 2015 at 1:17 am #

Essential French really helped me this year and it was well worth the extra couple of hours a week! All the teachers are really focused and want you to do well. By covering written, oral and aural aspects of the course it saved me a lot of time studying French for school and helped me improve week to week. Would recommend to anyone and will definitely sign up again for next year!

14. Kate Mccarthy May 12, 2015 at 5:05 pm #

I started Essential French in September to boost my knowledge and confidence in the subject! At first I was reluctant to be spending an extra two and a half hours a week on just one subject, but just after a few weeks I realised that I was really enjoying going to my classes! Shortly into the year I began to see a huge improvement in my french-written,aural and oral and I was able to get my french school home work finished in jig time

15. Siothmhaith Nic Fhlannchadha May 12, 2015 at 7:06 am #

I started Essentiial French in September 2014. I wasn’t any bit confident in French when I started. Not only did I have my hour and a half class a week I also had en extra grammar class which helped me hugely because before this I used always get confused between the tenses! The classes are enjoyable and the teachers are so helpful. Not only do you learn but there are also fun aspects to the class like quiz’s and group work. The fifth year course helped me to grow confident in french and I can safely say that I’m not one bit worried about french next year because I know that essential French will have me well prepared.

16. Jane O' Connell May 10, 2015 at 8:44 pm #

I started essential French this year after receiving poor results in my junior cert . I had very little confidence in my French and I could barely understand the basics . After joining essential French my confidence in French has improved dramatically. I loved attending the weekly classes . There was a great atmosphere of fun and learning , the teachers were very understating and overall I wouldn’t be to the standard of French I am at today without the team at essential French . Throughout the year there were also many helpful seminars and extra classes offered which were great . I am so thankful for essential French and I would recommend it to anyone !

17. Caoilinn Walsh May 10, 2015 at 8:24 pm #

I couldn’t praise essential french highly enough. The classes are small and streamed, so that you will always be improving from the level you already have. The staff are helpful and encouraging and the resources to avail of are endless. Every class is structered to learn something useful by the end of the session and nothing learned is a waste of time. I found that by doing essential french that it took from a lot of the stress at school because there was one less subject to worry about. French has become and enjoyable subject for me because the essential French material highlights the most important and productive things to spend time learning, I have more time to focus on other subjects because of essential French. They are dedicated to helping every student achieve their potential and teach their classes in a clear structured way that makes it easy to remember the material. I can’t describe how much this school has contributed to my french grades and I am so glad I decided to go this year

18. Lonnóg Nic Fhlannchadha May 10, 2015 at 5:04 pm #

Essential French has allowed me to make a huge improvement in french this year and what’s more is that I’ve actually grown confident in the language! It’s such a relief not to have to worry about french along with all of the other subjects as the 5th year course acts as an extra two and a half hours a week of revision and new material, covering all aspects of the LC course; oral, aural and also written. The EF notes and worksheets etc. are totally focused and allow students to learn what is needed rather than sifting through irrelevant things. I can safely say that I’m not worried about French next year purely because I know that EF will have me prepared and ready. The class environment allows students to enjoy the language and there is a really nice and warm atmosphere in EF!. It’s a highly beneficial course and I’d recommend it to everyone who does french!!

19. David O'Keeffe May 1, 2015 at 8:22 pm #

I started Essential French last September and I can honestly say that I have never had a subject taught to me with such precision and clarity. The teachers are incredibly helpful and the EF team is available to help with any queries 24/7. It has not only drastically improved my French, but has also helped me to become a better student. I could not recommend this course more highly!

20. Clodagh Noonan May 1, 2015 at 7:19 am #

The fifth year course in essential french can be challenging at times. However, I do believe that it is more than beneficial if you are willing to try your very best with it! After a long and hard years work, I am confident in saying that I am ready to go into LC French with a positive attitude as to what is ahead of me. From the written pieces to the listening comprehensions and the oral work, every aspect of the course is tackled and thought with the intention of maximising your success in each area due to the hardworking teachers and staff members. Surrounded by some of my closest friends, some new and some old, this experience has been a very enjoyable one and I would recommend the course to others!

21. Aoife Browne April 30, 2015 at 10:22 pm #

Before I went to Essential french my level of oral and written French was average but now I feel I have gained so much confidence with the language. The notes given and material covered is extremely helpful and within a month I started understanding French in school and my grades started to go up. Essential French has taken so much stress off of me due to the help they give and all the focus they put on the leaving cert which i found immensely helpful.The staff at Essential French are extremely helpful and have great teaching techniques. I would definitely recommend Essential French to anybody who is going into 5th year in September who wants to do well in French.

22. Grace Kennedy April 30, 2015 at 8:50 pm #

Essential French is so amazing! Before I started I was failing French, I was poor in every aspect of it and hated every class because I had no confidence in my work but since I started I’ve learnt so much, I can structure a sentence and properly answer questions. My grades have immensely improved and because of that I became more confident with my French and grew to love it! Essential French provides very useful material by the amazing teachers there. I am very grateful for Essential French and all their help.

23. Jennifer Barron April 30, 2015 at 5:08 pm #

When I started the 5th year course in September I was an extremely average student mainly getting low C’s. Now that I have completed the course I have moved up to a B student which I am delighted about. The material we learn in class each week is all exam focused be it oral, aural and written work. There are free extra classes every week which I find very beneficial as they revise the different topics you cover in your main class but in further detail. I would highly recommend this course to anyone that wants to improve their french grade in a stress-free way.

24. Ellen Harris April 29, 2015 at 10:39 pm #

I think Ef is brilliant. The material and support provided is top class. I now feel very confident heading into Leaving Cert. Proud to be an EFer!

25. Alex duboy April 29, 2015 at 10:19 pm #

I went into essential french with no confidence and a very low standard of french. The method of teaching was so effective that very soon all barriers that previously prevented me from learning (or liking) french came crashing down!! My confidence and love for french has grown so much that I am now even considering keeping french on at third level thanks to Natasha and all the essential french team.

26. Chloe kearney April 29, 2015 at 10:11 pm #

Essential French has helped me so much since I began at the start of fifth year. I came to essential French to improve my grade and gain confidence for my oral exam as before I joined essential French I was getting mainly C’s however I can see myself after improving and gaining confidence from the work I did in Ef each week. I find that the material covered in weekly classes is completely focused on the leaving cert course. I would recommend Ef to any student who what’s to improve their French and gain confidence in the language I am very happy with my improvement over the last 8months.

27. Róisín Wilson April 29, 2015 at 10:10 pm #

Essential French’s fifth year course was of huge benefit to me. We got a huge amount covered in the space of 8 months and I feel that my standard of french really improved! It definitely made school work easier and their collective memorisation technique was really effective.

28. Evan O'Brien April 29, 2015 at 10:04 pm #

I studied French as an extra subject outside of school in 5th Year with Essential French and it was outstanding. I was worried about whether I would be able to keep up with the others who were doing French in school but we were given great material and a lot of help and my French really improved. Everyone is really nice and they do everything they can to make sure you do well. I’ve really enjoyed the experience and learned an incredible amount and I’d recommend it to anybody!

29. Finley Lewis April 29, 2015 at 1:06 pm #

At the beginning of fifth year I was failing French, since joining I am now getting A’s and B’s. It’s really helped me out!!

30. Lena Duggan April 28, 2015 at 11:09 pm #

Essential French has helped me so much in 5th year!
    I would highly recommend it to anyone. I went in very unconfident with my French, barely able to compile a sentence but with the help of essential French i gained confidence and ability with the language. I now love French and look forward to going to essential French every week! The teachers are so helpful and kind and the classes are always so enjoyable there’s always such a nice atmosphere and the fact that there’s online help anytime we need it is so reassuring!! All the material given is excellent and very helpful, I’d be lost without them! I’d definetly love to do it for 6th year!

31. Asha O'Connell April 28, 2015 at 10:55 pm #

After transition year I had fallen out of the swing of things, essential french made it that much easier to get back on top of my schoolwork, I was noticing a major difference by christmas, and now towards the end of april that difference is huge, I can now safely say I feel as though I have no problems in french, it is no longer an area of worry for me thanks to EF. They make it so easy to understand and keep organised, I don’t know what I would have done without it

32. Conor Bohane April 27, 2015 at 11:02 pm #

Essential French has helped me improve my exam grades but I’m also enjoying learning and using the language now! It helps that the teachers are French and are there to help you 24/7 with everything!

33. Amy Roberts May 1, 2014 at 10:14 pm #

Thank you essential French for a great and beneficial year, the course was fun and easy to follow as we’ll as being highly informative. The class material was very helpful and it was very convienent to be able to acceses it online. My grammar and written French as we’ll as my spoken French has come on leaps and bounds and my teachers at school have noticed a big improvement in my work but also in my enthusiasm for the language. I will definitely be coming back next year and will be reccomending it to all my friends, thanks again

34. Rachel Dunleavy April 17, 2014 at 2:57 pm #

I started Essential French in September of this year and before starting I had really been struggling with French (especially oral work) but Essential French has been absolutely fantastic in giving me not only skills but confidence in speaking French. All of the teachers are extremely helpful and do their very best to make it as beneficial as possible. I would strongly recommend Essential French to 5th years who want to improve their french skills and have a better grasp of the language before going into 6th year. The extra classes are just an added bonus and really make sure that you understand everything that has been covered in class and the Facebook page is always open to any questions or problems you might have. I would highly recommend Essential French to anyone and I will definitely be attending next year!

35. Thomas Treacy March 31, 2014 at 5:00 pm #

Essential french has helped me a lot with my french. I enjoy studying french now as i find it easier. They are really focused and all of the extra classes are great. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to do well in their leaving. They really want you to do well and they help you so much.

36. Clodagh Cronin March 14, 2014 at 7:41 am #

I started essential French this year and I love it! My school grades are so good! I now can speak French in a conversation whereas in school we do bare minimum of oral work! I also made new friends and the staff are so funny and kind! I would recommend Essential French to anyone! You can’t go wrong with it, nothing bad comes out of signing up only all positives! 🙂 love love it!

37. Amy Phillips March 13, 2014 at 11:09 pm #

Essential French has helped me so much with learning french! my grades improved with in the first month. the work we recieve is very clear which makes the learning easier to understand. i know the work wil stand to me next year 🙂

38. Megan Desmond May 12, 2013 at 1:25 pm #

I’m a 5th year student attending Essential French since September, and I have had the best time ever. It’s a unique learning experience that has boosted my confidence in speaking and writing french, and I am no longer worried about french as a Leaving Cert subject 🙂 This is the most professional and beneficial grinds school I have come across so far and I highly recommend it for any student doing french for their Junior or Leaving Cert! They have everything that you need covered for the exams ready and organised, and teachers that are happy enough to help you out whenever you need it! I am so happy that I am part of the Essential French community now, and I am excited to to be able to return next year 🙂

39. karen coleman April 24, 2013 at 9:24 pm #

I have been a proud Efer since 2nd year and without essential French I honestly don’t even think I would be doing French for leaving cert . Essential French really does give you the confidence and he knowledge to do well in all areas of French . I definately would recommend it to everybody and of course i will be back next year 🙂 J’adore ef !!!!

40. Lynn Higgisson April 17, 2013 at 6:22 pm #

Essential french really is brilliant. I am so glad that i have done it for 5th year. EF is really focused and everyone is there to help you. I feel that the course is a lot clearer having done EF this year and i know my level of french has really improved. EF makes french a lot easier to study and learn as well as making it a more enjoyable subject. I will most definitely be back again for 6th year 🙂

41. Bebhinn Coleman April 16, 2013 at 12:56 am #

Essential French Is amazing it caters for everything you need and the staff are so lovely, the notes are so good and its reassuring knowing youll do well at atleast 1 subject! lovely blue pens too…

42. Rebecca O'Sullivan March 29, 2013 at 11:05 pm #

I started Essential French in September of this year for the 5th year course. I had heard great things from a past pupil and other students I knew who attended for the Junior Cert. French was my weakest subject going into 5th year and I am happy to say I’m am finishing the year with a new attitude to the language along with better grades. French has become a much more enjoyable subject for me and a lot easier to digest in the Essential French classes. The work load is cut down into small manageable amounts with frequent testing to ensure the work has been learned off which has been proven to work wonders for me! I’ve gone from a C student in the Junior Cert to an A student in 5th year and I am no longer as worried about my French exam in the Leaving Cert because I know everything I need to know will be covered in EF. The EF team have been so helpful and friendly and EF itself has turned into a great learning community! I am so glad I started with Essential French this year and will definitely be continuing with them next year! J’adore EF!

43. Lucie March 29, 2013 at 10:36 pm #

It’s amazing end off it helps so much! I was useless at French and hated soon it! Now I telly enjoy it and am way better 🙂

44. Aisling Woulfe March 26, 2013 at 10:44 pm #

I started EF the year of my Junior Cert after hearing it being highly praised by many people. Immediately I saw my vocab build up and started to enjoy speaking and learning the language. After being delighted with my Junior Cert result and the confidence I gained, I started EF again last September. The 5th year course was brilliant for me. The course is exam-orientated from the beginning, focusing on material you need to be confident using before the Leaving Cert. You can avail of extra exercises and any questions you have are always answered! The Aural/Oral Classes are also a great opportunity to put the French you’ve learned into practise! The staff are always so friendly and supportive and offer help in every way possible, they always have our best interests at heart! The small class size is really great, you get the attention you need to improve and make new friends too! The online resources are very useful (you can pretty much contact EF 24/7) aswell as the Support on Study Seminars in numerous subjects-EF really do want you to achieve your best in every subject! I am really grateful for everything and I know that I’ll definitely be back again this September!

45. Alison O' Riordan March 24, 2013 at 12:42 pm #

I started Essential French in September 2012, and I cannot recommend it more. Being in fifth year, even after 4 years of doing french in school I didn’t feel confident with the subject at all. I decided I had to do something about it, and when a friend recommended EF, I decided to go for it. I didn’t realise that every sudent has the potential to get a honour in a certain subject, but with EF – you have the right notes to cover and the teachers are very supportive. Week after week, you find yourself drastically improving, you begin to form sentences, and actually speak the language! I have done previous grinds that didn’t help me improve, but with EF they allow every student to excel. They are always there for you when you need them and overall it is a great learning experience. If you are having difficulties in french, this is the grinds school for you. 😀

46. Emma O'Riordan March 23, 2013 at 11:54 pm #

I started in Essential French for the first time in september after hearing so many good things from friends who had attended it previously, and i have to say that it has just been amazing! Love the small class size and all of the teachers, the teaching and notes are absolutely amazing and i feel so much more competent and fluent at my french now than i did before starting! Essential french always do their absolute best to ensure that we do our very best, from our two weekly classes in french to various free seminars on several other subjects such as english and biology to name but a few, so far the 5th year french course has been excellent and am really looking forward to coming back next year!

47. Louise May 8, 2012 at 9:29 pm #

Having being under pressure to keep up in higher level in my Junior Cert, I had thought that HL leaving cert French wasn’t going to be a realistic option for me. However after starting EF in September my attitude towards the subject has completely changed. I now actually enjoy French, something I thought id never say! EF goes through the vital basic grammar, in clear, memorable formats which was so so helpful and improved all aspects of my French. Vocab is original, and versatile.
    Now HL LC French seems a lot more manageable!! The progress I’ve made this year is fantastic.The course really is worthwhile. If you are willing to put the work in, this is the grind you need to go to. You won’t regret it for a second!

Louise Buckley, 5th year, Scoil Mhuire Gan Smal, Blarney, Cork

48. Kelly O Neill May 8, 2012 at 7:28 pm #

Like everyone else I joined Essential French to improve my french. Im not going to lie and say that I was failing and now Im getting A’s because thats not true. I was a pretty average student ( a C student to be more precise ) and I knew that with help I could achieve more . Essential French has helped me do just that ! Just after christmas I could see my marks improving slowly but surely ! I know that the leaving is still quite far away ( well in my head ) however I know with the help of Essential French I can maintain this new standard . This last year I have learned so much without the feeling of being crammed with new information all the time . The teachers are just so helpful and make up feel at ease ! Weekly classes have just finished and its almost like I have lost family as I was so used to attending every week and having a catch up with the others in my class. However its just for the summer as I am definately retuning next year. I would suggest this course to everyone from the people who are struggling to pass exams to the people who already feel that they have a grasp on the language as theres always room for improvement !!

49. Laura O'Sullivan May 6, 2012 at 2:33 pm #

I only started Essential French in January after a recommendation from a friend but even in that short space of time my level of French has improved dramatically! The teachers are excellent, they make you feel comfortable with oral work and you’re not afraid to ask a question no matter how stupid you think it is 🙂 The course is very exam focused so you know you’ll get the result that you deserve while at the same time each lesson is quite a lot of fun. The vocab, grammar and sentences they give are even on colour coded card which makes them great and simple to understand when and where to use them. I know I’d be worried with my school summer French oral coming up next week if I didn’t attend EF but now I can almost say that I’m looking forward to it 😀 I do and would recommend Essential French to everyone. You’ll seriously be shocked at the speed in which you progress and I know that I’ll be signing up for the 6th year programme without a doubt 🙂

50. Nóirín Hennigan May 3, 2012 at 9:10 pm #

Essential French really Helped me this year, I found my french improving week by week and I am more comfortable when doing french now. I found great use out of the notes I got form EF and noticed my grade improving. Its really worth the time and effort 🙂 I would recommend EF to anyone,and will definitely be doing it again next year! 😀

51. Sarah McCann April 27, 2012 at 5:38 pm #

I came into Essential French having lost all my confidence because my grades in 5th Year were much lower than in JC. After only a few weeks I regained my confidence and I’m now getting As again! Absolutely delighted with everything – everyone is so helpful and kind, no question is a stupid question! Everything on the LC course is covered and the method of teaching and learning is really good. It’s really worth the time and effort and makes everything in school and exams that bit easier. I would recommend EF to anyone and will definitely be doing it again next year! 🙂

52. sarah coughlan April 25, 2012 at 10:33 pm #

essential french literally saved me from dropping to pass french, the course is really focused and the teachers are really helpful there is no such thing as a stupid question! i cant stress enough how easier it makes life and ive found it has made such an improvement in only 6 or 7 months 🙂 so happy i decided to do it will definitely be signing up for next year no doubt!! 😀