5th Year French
Are you looking for 5th year French Grinds in Cork.
Essential French Language College is a provider of Leaving Cert 5th Year French Grinds in Cork. We at Essential French Language College promise to maximise your potential regardless of your level.
This programme is aimed at students who wish to get ahead for the Leaving Cert year. Many students choose the 5th year course to help identify and resolve problems they are having with the language. Others start the programme to stay ahead and maintain their high grades easily and effortlessly. This easy step by step programme guides the 5th year students through all areas of the course at a comfortable yet challenging pace.
- 30 week programme : 2 ½ hours per week (the weekly class and the grammar class)
- All tutors are native French speakers to ensure authenticity in accent and pronunciation
- Weekly Class : 1 ½ hours per week
- – All classes are streamed
- – Max 7 students per weekly class
- – Homework is given weekly and corrected the following week
- – Assessments given every 2-3 weeks
- – All areas of the course covered: reading comprehension, listening, oral, written.
- Compulsory Grammar Class : 1 hour per week
- – Held on different days to suit students’ busy schedules
- – Booked online via our Mindbody Booking Site
- – Specifically tailored to facilitate study and revision
- Additional Facilities throughout the year
- – Oral/Listening/Reading Comprehension Classes throughout the year
- – Free access to our exclusive Quizlet App with our 5Y content uploaded
- – Extra worksheets and material on our Online Kit for completion at home and returned to us for correction
- – Christmas and Summer Exams – corrected by us and returned with our detailed feedback
- – Online support 24 hours a day via our private Facebook page
- – Progress Reports are sent to parents on completion of the programme
- – Regular emails sent to parents to keep them updated on everything happening in EF.
Oral: Due to our streamed classes, all areas of the oral are covered at a level that each pupil is comfortable with. Our oral teachers are French nationals so that accent and pronunciation is perfected. With our very small class sizes, the programme is individual to each pupil and the attention to detail is excellent.
Listening : Students will start with easier listening material and progress to Leaving Cert. past papers. All pupils are given access to the audio online to practice at home, along with study guides and tips on how to approach this tricky part of the course.
Comprehensions: We use a variety of texts to challenge students, while also looking at past LC pass level comprehensions to build up vocab and confidence before attempting the honours comps.
Written: We drill the 3 main tenses into our pupils in 5th year to ensure that these are perfect before heading into the LC year. We also focus on opinion pieces, messages and diary entries. All of our written material is unique to Essential French students, so that each student will clearly impress the examiner with the style of writing that is mastered with us.
On completion of the course, at the end of April, we offer extra classes free of charge right up to the Summer exams. We tailormake these classes to suit different schools and what is coming up in each school’s summer exam. Students are encouraged to let us know what themes they want covered. Students are also offered a free oral practice session in preparation for the oral, in school summer exam.
No French in School
At Essential French we offer a special programme designed for students who choose to study French exclusively with us as an extra subject outside of school. We offer this programme only to diligent students who are 100% committed to the course and prepared to work closely with us throughout the year. Additional fee for this option.
The programme includes:
- All classes and facilities offered as part of the 5th year programme.
- Extra worksheets from our Online Kit to be completed by the student on a weekly basis that are corrected by us and returned to the student with our feedback.
- One individual oral session (20 mins each)
- One individual grammar session (½ hour each)
- All aspects of the students progress are closely monitored throughout the year
- Parents are updated frequently regarding the student’s progress
Essential French Language College, is a leading provider of Leaving Cert 5th Year French Grinds in Cork.