Junior Cert French
Are you looking for Junior Cert French Grinds in Cork? Essential French Language College is a leading provider of Junior Cert French Grinds in Cork. We at Essential French Language College promise to maximise your potential regardless of your level.
All aspects of the Junior Cert programme are covered with a huge emphasis on the aural part of the exam which is almost 45% of the Junior Cert grade. We also encourage our Junior Cert students to participate orally to make them comfortable with the oral aspect of the language and give them a head start for the Leaving Cert. This further enhances their listening skills too.
- 34 week programme : 2 ½ hours per week (the weekly class and the grammar class)
- All tutors are native French speakers to ensure authenticity in accent and pronunciation
- Weekly Class : 1 ½ hours per week
- – All classes are streamed
- – Max 7 students per weekly class
- – Homework is given weekly and corrected the following week
- – Exam written questions practiced and taken up for correction throughout Term 2
- – Assessments given every 2-3 weeks
- Compulsory Revision Class : 1 hour per week
- – Booked online via our Mindbody Booking Site
- – Specifically tailored to facilitate study and revision
- – Themes covered: grammar; reading comprehension and listening
- Additional Facilities throughout the year
- – Extra worksheets and material on our Online Kit for completion at home and returned to us for correction
- – 5 different Pre Exams corrected and returned with our detailed feedback
- – Free access to our exclusive Quizlet App with our JC content uploaded
- – Online support 24 hours a day via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram) or email.
- – Progress Reports are sent to parents at Christmas and Easter
- – Parents are notified if students do not complete their homework or are not performing to the best of their ability
JUNIOR CERT FRENCH PROGRAMME – AREAS COVERED:
Listening: This part of the paper accounts for over 40% of the Junior Cert exam, so a huge emphasis is placed on both verbal and oral communication in our weekly and extra classes. Both audio and oral work is concentrated on – to develop each student’s ear to the accent and the sound of the language. Although French oral work is not tested in the Junior Cert, we feel that the Junior Cert year is an ideal time to build on a student’s confidence in speaking the language. All of our tutors covering this part of the programme are French nationals , this ensuring authenticity in accent and pronunciation. With a max of 7 pupils per class, each student receives the attention they deserve during our classes.
Comprehensions: We provide each pupil with Vocab Packs that cover every aspect of the reading comprehensions in the Junior Cert. Once this vocab is mastered, the answering technique is worked on to perfect this part of the paper.
Written: All of our Junior Cert pupils LOVE the written part of our course!! We have condensed it right down to the essentials – yet every phrase will impress the examiner. The key is to learn our material and practice manipulating it in letters, messages and postcards. It’s straightforward, easy and fun! How many grind colleges can make French Grammar fun?
All of the classes are streamed, so each pupil should progress at a comfortable pace. Advanced pupils will be challenged with trickier structures and vocab; while the weaker pupils will revise the basics and build up much needed confidence in ability.