Leaving Cert French
Are you looking for Leaving Cert French Grinds in Cork? Essential French provides Leaving Cert French Grinds in Cork. We at Essential French Language College promise to maximise your potential regardless of your level. The following is included in the term fee. There is no additional charge for any of the facilities outlined below:
Leaving Cert French Programme
An intensive programme covering all aspects of the Leaving Certificate paper suited only to those willing to give us 100% commitment.
- 35 week programme : 2 ½ hours per week (the weekly class and the grammar class)
- All tutors are native French speakers to ensure authenticity in accent and pronunciation
- Weekly Class : 1 ½ hours per week
- – All classes are streamed
- – Max 7 students per weekly class
- – Homework is given weekly and corrected the following week
- – Exam questions practiced and taken up for correction
- – Assessments given every 2-3 weeks
- – All areas of the course covered: reading comprehension, listening, oral, written.
- – 5 Workshops throughout the year hosted by our Director Natasha Lynch, where she shares exclusive tips, tricks, advice and techniques to ensure all students know how to WOW in their LC French oral and written exams.
- Compulsory Grammar Class : 1 hour per week
- – Held on different days to suit students’ busy schedules
- – Booked online via our Mindbody booking site
- – Specifically tailored to facilitate study and revision
Additional Facilities throughout the year :
- – Oral Classes throughout the year with detailed feedback given to students
- – Listening Comprehension Classes throughout the year
- – Reading Comprehension Classes throughout the year
- – Free access to our exclusive Quizlet App with our LC content uploaded
- – Extra worksheets and material on our Online Kit for completion at home and returned to us for correction
- – 3 different Pre Exams that students can sit with us or complete at home, corrected and returned with our detailed feedback
- – Online support 24 hours a day via our Private Facebook group
- – 2 Progress Reports are sent to parents in Term 2 with our teachers’ advice and feedback
- – Regular emails sent to parents to keep them updated on everything happening in EF
LEAVING CERT FRENCH PROGRAMME – AREAS COVERED:
A / French Oral and Aural
Do you know that oral and aural accounts for 45% of the final examination result? All tutors teaching this part of the programme are French nationals so oral work is perfected in every possible way. By participating in this programme, you will be taught unique and exclusive oral material along with communication skills, vital for the spoken exam. Classes are streamed, to allow each pupil to progress at a comfortable pace. Weaker pupils build up much needed confidence; advanced pupils are challenged with phrases guaranteed to impress in the exam.
Past Leaving Cert papers are focused on for the aural part of each lesson. The vocab is perfected and answering technique is mastered to overcome any problems you may have in this tricky part of the course.
B / French Written Expression
Concentration on this area is focused on grammatical structures and tenses. We also target common mistakes and spend the year helping you to eliminate these in your written pieces. We specialise in 75 / 90 word pieces, messages and diary questions. Since 1996 we have developed a tried and tested answering technique – easy to learn and drilled into your head to ensure you have them off by heart months before the exam!! With our exclusive tips, tricks, rhymes and rules, you will find the learning effortless and straight-forward!
C / French Comprehension
To perform well in this area you need to master the vocabulary which appears regularly in the papers. We have compiled lists of vocabulary for you, taken from past papers. Once these are learnt, the comprehensions will become far more easier to manage. Just as in the aural part of the exam, we help you understand and perfect your answering technique.
No French in School
At Essential French we offer a special programme designed for students who choose to study French exclusively with us as an extra subject outside of school. We offer this programme only to diligent students who are 100% committed to the course and prepared to work closely with us throughout the year. Additional fee for this option.
The programme includes:
- All classes and facilities offered as part of the Leaving Cert programme
- Extra worksheets from our online kit to be completed by the student on a weekly basis that are corrected by us and returned to the student with our feedback.
- Two individual oral sessions (20 mins each)
- Two individual grammar sessions (½ hour each)
- All aspects of the students progress are closely monitored throughout the year
- Parents are updated frequently regarding the student’s progress
Essential French Language College, is a leading provider of Leaving Cert French Grinds in Cork.