Leaving Cert French
Leaving Cert French Programme
We are so proud of the fact that our students have obtained the highest grades nationally in Leaving Cert French for the past 18 years. In previous years, just under 6% of Leaving Cert students obtained a H1 in Higher Level French. In EF over 33% of our students received a H1 in the exam. These results are proof that Essential French remains the leader in French Tuition on a national scale. Furthermore, we limit the number of students who we enrol in our Leaving Cert programme every year to guarantee that our material remains EXCLUSIVE to those attending EF. No other student in the country will have access to this material which has been proved to WOW the examiners every year.
An intensive programme covering all aspects of the LC paper suited only to those willing to give us 100% commitment. With a max of 4 students in our oral based classes, attention to oral practice is second to none.
Weekly Classes: Face2Face and Online
- 35 week programme: 2.5 hours per week (1 Face2Face Class and 1 Online Class).
- All tutors are native French speakers to ensure authenticity in accent and pronunciation.
- All Face2Face classes are streamed.
- Class sizes are halved: max 4 students in classes where oral work is being covered and max 12 students in classes where grammar is being covered.
- Homework is given and corrected weekly.
- Exclusive access to our team, where we are available daily to answer questions from any EF class, via Facebook- guiding and supporting each student throughout this stressful year.
Some of our additional facilities throughout the year :
- Access to our exclusive Quizlet App with our LC content uploaded.
- Online support 24 hours a day via Facebook.
- Additional worksheets, exercises and Reading Comprehensions on our Online Kit for completion at home, corrected and returned with our feedback.
- A Christmas exam in Term 1 and two different pre-exams in Term 2 with personalised feedback.
- Regular emails sent to parents to keep them updated on everything happening in EF.
- 2 Progress Reports are sent to parents in Term 2 with our teachers’ advice and feedback.
- Throughout the year we share exclusive tips, tricks, advice and techniques to ensure all students know how to WOW in their LC French oral and written exams.
If you are interested in finding out more, why not scroll down to read feedback from our past LC students. If you wish to speak to one of our team, please contact us for more information – fill in our inquiry form here
No French in School
At Essential French we offer a special programme designed for students who choose to study French exclusively with us as an extra subject outside of school. We offer this programme only to diligent students who are 100% committed to the course and prepared to work closely with us throughout the year. There is an additional fee for this option.
The programme includes:
- All classes and facilities offered as part of the Leaving Cert programme.
- Extra worksheets from our online kit to be completed by the student on a weekly basis that are corrected by us and returned to the student with our feedback.
- Two individual oral sessions (20 mins each).
- Two individual grammar sessions (½ hour each).
- All aspects of the students progress are closely monitored throughout the year.
- Parents are updated frequently regarding the student’s progress.
Essential French Language College, is a leading provider of Leaving Cert French Grinds in Cork. We at Essential French Language College promise to maximise your potential regardless of your level.