Transition Year French
Calling out to all transition year students! Do you want to keep your standard of French up to speed?
Essential French Language College provides a Transition Year French Grinds programme in Cork that will keep your French language skills up to date. We at Essential French Language College promise to maximise your potential regardless of your level.
Transition Year Pupils
This shorter programme is ideal for busy TY students – depending on school commitments, choose the term that best suits the student’s busy TY school timetable. The easier elements of the Leaving Cert programme are covered with a huge emphasis on the oral part of the exam which is 25% of the Leaving Cert grade.
- 12 week programme : 1 ½ hour class per week
- All tutors are native French speakers to ensure authenticity in accent and pronunciation
- Students choose either Course 1 (Oct – Dec) or Course 2 (Jan – April)
- Max 7 students per class
- All classes are streamed
- Homework given weekly and corrected the following week
- Regular assessments throughout the programme
- Extra worksheets are available online during and on completion of the programme to ensure students stay focused when programme has ended. These are completed at home and returned to us for correction.
- Progress reports are sent to parents on completion of the programme
- All classes will receive a 2 part workshop in Term 2 before summer exams in order to facilitate revision.
For some pupils, this will be the first time that they will speak French – so it is essential that they are in surroundings that they are comfortable in, with teachers who will encourage and foster a love for the language.
Every student who attends this programme, enjoys the classes so much, they return for our more challenging 5th year French and Leaving Cert Grinds programme.
Essential French Language College, is a leading provider of Junior Cert and Leaving Cert French Grinds in Cork.